- 1 tablespoon grass fed ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Surya Prana Nutrition's Organic Turmeric and Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ginger powder
- 1 whole clove
- 1 small whole cinnamon stick
- 2-3 green cardamom
- 3-4 almonds soaked for a few hours or overnight
- 3-4 pistachio nuts shelled and soaked for a few hours or overnight
- pinch organic saffron
- 1 cup (350ml) Organic almond or coconut milk
Haldi Doodh – Turmeric Milk
Here is an authentic ‘Haldi doodh’ recipe which I often made for my children before bed when they were small
- Soak almonds overnight and remove their skins.
- Shell and soak pistachios overnight.
- Soak saffron in a tablespoon of almond milk.
- Use a pestle and mortar to crush the cardamom seeds. They are so much more fragrant and flavourful when freshly ground.
- Add your chosen milk to a blender with the soaked almonds and pistachios.
- Grind until smooth in texture.
- Place a small, heavy-based stainless steel saucepan on the lowest gas setting.
- Add coconut oil or ghee and gently allow it to melt. You are literally just melting the fat.
- Once just melted, add the whole clove and cinnamon stick, then add ginger powder, turmeric, ground cardamom and the tablespoon of infused saffron milk with the strands.
- Providing you add the spices just as the oil has melted, they will infuse the oil and enhance the flavours of the Haldi Doodh.
- Lastly, add the blended nut milk and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the milk is hot. Remove the whole clove.
- If you would like to add some sweetness, a little locally and ethically sourced, raw honey can be added once the milk is cool enough to drink!
Buy Surya Prana Nutrition's Organic Turmeric and Black Pepper Powder from our shop today to start brewing this delicious drink!