- 130 g fresh whole turmeric root
- 3-4 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Surya Prana Nutrition's Organic Turmeric with Black Pepper Powder
- 3-4 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt or a well sourced sea salt
Leeli Haldi – Preserved Turmeric Root
A very simple preservation method for fresh whole root turmeric and a delicious addition to lassi, juices, smoothies and salad dressings.
- Wash the fresh turmeric root thoroughly and peel.
- Chop into small slices.
- Place the sliced turmeric root into a sterilised 0.5l jar.
- Squeeze the juice out of the fresh lemons and pour the juice over the turmeric root until it is well covered.
- Add the whole peppercorns and Himalayan salt.
- Stir, cover and leave in the fridge. This will keep for 3-4 weeks.